Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stereotypes Can Be Fun… Sometimes


Perusing the articles found at the New York Times website is always a joy. They are, more often than not, provocative, entertaining, cultured, engaging, interesting, and manage an elevated vocabulary. Of course, listing these reasons means only one thing. Yes, I am white.

Scouring the site lead me to Why Blog? Reason No.92: Book Deal by Allen Salkin, which in turn led me here. Stuff White People Like, founded recently by Christian Lander in January 2008, is truly uncanny in its accuracy, hilarity and sarcasm. Dinner Parties? Of course I love dinner parties. American Apparel t-shirts? I own at least four. Public Radio, Plays, Apples Products, Netflix, Arrested Development, Snowboarding, 80s music, David Sedaris, Coffee? Apparently I can’t help it. I’m white. You have to check this site out!

I can’t wait for my $300,000 book deal.

No comments: